Timeline JS is a tool created by KnightLabs at Northwestern University. It utilizes Google spreadsheets to create interactive timelines that feature videos, audio and still images.
We are going to create a timeline that includes each group project, presenting a combined history of censorship for the class site’s homepage.
If you want to also include a timeline in your own site that deals with your case, you can also use this platform.
- Each team will select at least 10 events that tell the story of your challenge case. Note that all the events do not have to involve the specific challenge — you can indicate when the book was published, when challenged, when hearings and decisions were made; or include information about other challenges, court decisions, or other relevant events.
- Each team member is responsible for researching, and writing up 5 events, to be entered in the group Timeline JS spreadsheet.
- Be as specific as you can with the date of the event, or date span.
- Try to find an image, either from your town’s history (perhaps a photo of a school or courthouse) or a generic illustration, or a video or other file to bring life to the event.
- Write a brief but accurate description of what happened and why it was important.
- Create a Timeline JS spreadsheet using Google Docs, and enter your research, following the instructions. We will merge all the group timelines for the final class site.